Effective July 25 2019, the Canadian Patient Safety Institute has archived the Venous Thromboembolism (VTE) intervention. Though you may continue to access the Getting Started Kit online, it will no longer be updated.
This section of the Getting Started Kit provides Technical Descriptions for the Measurement Worksheets.
This section includes:
- Percent of Patients Receiving Appropriate Venous Thromboembolism Prophylaxis
- Type of Thromboprophylaxis Delivered
- Reason Recommended Thromboprophylaxis Was Not Used (Optional Measure)
- Percent of Appropriate Use of Order Sets for Venous Thromboembolism Prophylaxis
- Description of the Organization
Section 7: Measurement – Technical Descriptions
This document was updated in January 2017
The Model for Improvement is designed to accelerate the pace of improvement using the PDSA cycle; a "trial and learn" approach to improvement based on the scientific method. Please refer to the Improvement Frameworks GSK (2015) for additional information.
For more information, email
email@example.com or call 1-866-421-6933