The goal of this virtual discussion is to explore practical solutions for keeping seniors safe. The ideas are drawn from real life experiences noting how COVID-19 impacted seniors, their loved ones as well as healthcare workers and leaders.
The focus of the discussion is on identifying safety risks together with practical solutions for seniors who live at home, in residences and long-term care facilities.
Join us to explore actions for improving senior safety during and after the pandemic especially around communications, infection prevention and control and medication safety. You will leave the session with at least one practical idea for engaging patients, families, and/or the public in improving patient safety for seniors.
Watch on Demand
(Available in English only)
Speakers and topics:
- Bernie Weinstein, Patients for Patient Safety Canada – Facilitator
- Sharon Nettleton, Patients for Patient Safety Canada – Safety at home and in the community
- Judith Maxwell, Patients for Patient Safety Canada – Safety in senior residences
- Donna Davis, Patients for Patient Safety Canada – Safety in long-term care facilities
- Canadian Patient Safety Institute,
Home Care Safety - Resources for home care providers, family caregivers and clients, policy makers and academics related to falls prevention, medication safety
- World Health Organization,
COVID-19 advice for the public – resources for protecting yourself and your loved ones including
using masks and other protective equipment safely, mental health and parenting.
Designed by patient partners, this interactive webinar is offered by
Patients for Patient Safety Canada. The session is designed to allow for conversation among participants, so be prepared to contribute to the dialogue via chat.
For more information or to share your experience, a resource, or feedback, please contact us at