- Healthcare-associated infections, or infections acquired in healthcare settings, are the most frequent adverse event in healthcare delivery worldwide.1
- Hands are the most common means of microbial spread in healthcare. 2
- Optimal hand hygiene is one of the most effective measures to reduce the occurrence of healthcare-associated infections (HAIs).
There are some key moments for hand hygiene:
- Before patient/patient environment contact
- Before aseptic procedure
- After body fluid exposure risk
- After patient/patient environment contact
- The World Health Organization (WHO) recommends that hand hygiene should be performed at the point of care.
For more information, go to: