Enhanced Recovery Canada™: Safety Improvement Project – An 18-month learning collaborative
The Canadian Patient Safety Institute launched a Safety
Improvement Project focused on surgical best practices for colorectal surgeries
in April 2019. Based on evidence-based practices supporting Enhanced Recovery
for colorectal surgeries, seven teams from across the country will learn
strategies that support better outcomes for surgical patients including: an
improved patient experience, reduced length of stay, decreased complication
rates and fewer hospital readmissions.
Enhanced Recovery Canada™ has developed evidence based
clinical pathways based on an international program called Enhanced Recovery
After Surgery; surgical best practices known to help patients receive optimal
care. Enhanced Recovery Canada™ has the potential to make a significant impact
in surgical safety and ensure that patients receive the right care at the right
The participating teams will:
- Learn to apply the Enhanced Recovery Canada™ evidence-based principles to develop a more comprehensive approach to patient safety.
- Work with expert faculty and coaches to successfully implement ERC principles for colorectal surgeries.
- Share learnings and network with colleagues across Canada.
- Access, share and adapt advanced patient safety knowledge, tools, and resources within a learning network.
- Improve their team's approach to patient safety while taking action to deliver safer care.
For more information, contact email@example.com