The TeamSTEPPS CanadaTM curriculum consists of 12 modules. Modules 1 – 7 cover the fundamental core concepts and tools, and modules 8 – 12 focus on topics related to the implementation and sustainment of TeamSTEPPS.
Each module has multiple components available for download:
- Slide deck: to be used when teaching the TeamSTEPPS course
- Instructors guide: to be used for course planning and as a reference guide when teaching the course
- Implementation worksheet: used to think about issues to address by implementing TeamSTEPPS
- Exercise worksheets: module specific exercises
- Videos/extra resources: patient and family stories, video examples of TeamSTEPPS tools
Master Trainer course
The Master Trainer course focuses on topics related to the implementation and sustainment of TeamSTEPPS. This includes modules 1-7 as well as:
- Module 8: Change Management—provides information about organizational change through Kotter's Eight Steps of Change.
- Module 9: Coaching—describes coaching, how to coach, and the role of coaching in implementing TeamSTEPPS.
- Module 10: Measurement—provides information about evaluating the success of your TeamSTEPPS implementation, including available assessment tools and resources.
- Module 11: Implementation Workshop—serves as a capstone to the course by allowing you and your team members to think through your implementation plans and strategies.
- Module 12: Teachback Opportunity—provides participants with an opportunity to plan and teach one of the Fundamentals Modules.
We are in the process of developing a virtual course.