Module 4: Leading Teams
is the linchpin that holds a teamwork system together. In this module,
information about leading teams is presented. The module focuses on the
characteristics of effective leaders, the importance of role modeling
behaviours, and a leader’s role in conflict resolution. Specific tools to
leading teams such as briefs, huddles, and debriefs are explored.
After completing this module, you will be able to:
- Describe how leadership affects team processes and outcomes
- Identify different types of team leaders
- Describe the activities involved in successfully leading teams
- Describe the tools for leading teams, including briefs, huddles, and debriefs
- Apply the tools for leading teams to specific clinical scenarios
for download in this module is the slide deck, instructors guide, exercise
sheet, evidence base, and implementation worksheet.