TeamSTEPPS Canada®, developed by the United States Department of Defense and the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, improves safety and transforms culture in healthcare through better teamwork, communication, leadership, situational awareness, and mutual support. TeamSTEPPS Canada™ is an evidence-based teamwork system that optimizes patient care by improving communication and teamwork skills among healthcare professionals, including point-of-care staff. It includes a comprehensive set of ready-to-use materials and a training curriculum to integrate teamwork principles into a variety of settings.
Date: June 3-4, 2019, Edmonton, AB.
Venue: Northern Alberta Institute of Technology
Registration Fee: $550.00
TeamSTEPPS Canada™ Training Format
The TeamSTEPPS Master Trainer Training is a robust training session designed for healthcare professionals, including point-of-care staff, educators and leaders who have the breadth and influence in their work setting to implement the TeamSTEPPS tools.
This session is specifically being offered to educators and simulationists interested in improving teamwork and communication.
The course will help participants develop the ability to:
- Increase knowledge relating to teamwork and communication issues leading to care breakdowns and potential patient harm
- Understand, select and apply appropriate TeamSTEPPS tools to address identified issues
- Create a project plan to address identified issues in teamwork and communication leading to successful implementation and sustainability
- Learn how to develop a TeamSTEPPS support team and roll out strategy
- Develop a measurement plan to monitor success of implementation
Upon completion of this training session the participant will be able to:
- Identify the teamwork and communication issues within their work environment
- Apply the knowledge gained in this training session to apply to the issues identified related teamwork and communication
- Utilize the TeamSTEPPS tools and resources to support TeamSTEPPS unit/organization roll-out
- Lead and inspire others in the application of TeamSTEPPS tools and resources
- Develop a community of TeamSTEPPS Master Trainer