Technology, including devices and computer-based software applications, is integral to the delivery of modern healthcare. This module reviews how technology impacts patient safety and focuses on:
- what technologies are used in healthcare and how they are regulated;
- how technology can improve patient safety;
- the pitfalls associated with the use of technology in healthcare; and
- how individuals and organizations can contribute to the successful implementation and use of technology to improve patient safety.
This module will teach you about:
- the benefits and risks of technology;
- how new technologies are regulated; and
- strategies to improve technology use.
Learning Objectives include:
- Identify benefits and risk factors with Health Information Technology
Want to learn more? Download the module.
This document was revised in September 2017.
Learn more about
becoming a patient safety trainer so you can teach patient safety in your organization.
For more information, contact us at
email@example.com or 1-866-421-6933.