On October 30th, 13 Patients from across Canada travelled to Ottawa to participate in Patients At Parliament, a unique campaign to raise awareness with Parliamentarians. We are grateful to the many staff and volunteers who made this fantastic event possible.
Patients At Parliament highlight include:
- Five teams of volunteers and staff met with 30 Members of Parliament and Senators in 10 buildings across the parliamentary precinct over the course of 8 hours.
- Participants spoke about their personal experience with harm and delivered key messages from the CPSW campaign.
- Guest speaker, Whitby Member of Parliament Celina Caesar-Chavannes provided unique advice to delegates over dinner. She offered strategies to promote our message and challenged the group to reach as many Members of Parliament as possible.
- Breakfast in the Parliamentary Restaurant in Center Block hosted by Mel Arnold MP for North Okanagan - Shuswap.
- All delegates attended Question Period and witnessed Canada's democratic system at its finest.
- Many MP's & Senators have committed to promoting our key messages at upcoming committee meetings and locally within their ridings. MP's and Senators also demonstrated support for CPSW by Tweeting key messages during the campaign.