The Canadian Patient Safety Institute (CPSI) is assembling a new expert faculty and is looking for the best and brightest in the areas of knowledge translation and implementation science.
As part of CPSI's new SHIFT to Safety initiative, this new faculty of experts will collaborate on developing ideas, solutions, and strategies to implement patient safety practices, strengthen teamwork, communications and leadership targeted at reducing patient harm. SHIFT to Safety was launched in July 2016 and is the new source for patient safety, bringing the public, providers, and healthcare leaders together like never before.
Specifically, faculty members will be involved in shaping several key SHIFT to Safety resources, including Team STEPPS© and the Home Care Quality Improvement Collaborative, by:
- Identifying and evaluating emerging Canadian and international evidence
- Providing advice on the evaluation, sustainability and improvement of these resources
- Assisting with knowledge transfer activities including participation in webinars and learning programs
- Providing support by participating in online discussion forums, sharing information and resources
- Responding to queries from healthcare practitioners as opportunities arise
Patients and family members of organized patient safety groups, healthcare providers, educators, administrators, and academic researchers with experience and expertise in the areas of practice change, patient safety and quality improvement, teamwork, communications and leadership are invited to apply.
Click here to learn more.