Archive: February 9, 2016
Purpose of the Call:
- Understand how building a coordinated cross sectoral team impacts the patient experience during transitions.
- Learn how hospital, case managers, nursing home and pharmacy came together to change the Medication Reconciliation process resulting in reduced polypharmacy and hospital visits due to medication adverse effects.
- Recognize the impact of BOOMR (BARRIE COORDINATED CROSS SECTORAL MEDICATION RECONCILIATION) on system efficiencies, inter-professional communication and resident, family and staff satisfaction.
- Learn about a new tool designed for patients to help engage them and their health care providers in a conversation about their medications.
- Kim Streitenberger, Project Leader, ISMP Canada (facilitator)
- Carla Beaton, RPh, BScPhm, CGP, FASCP, Vice President of Clinical Innovations and Quality Improvement at Medical Pharmacies Group Limited
- Michal Racki, Clinical Pharmacist, MedRec Project Lead, Royal Victoria Regional Health Centre
- Sheila Burton, RN, MHA, GNC ©, Resident Services Consultant with Sienna Senior Living in Ontario
- Denis O’Donnell, RPh, BScPhm, ACPR, PharmD, Director of Clinical Research at Medical Pharmacies Group Limited
- Alice Watt, RPh, BScPhm, Medication Safety Specialist, ISMP Canada
- Mike Cass, BscN, MSN/FNP, Patient Safety Improvement Lead, CPSI
Canadian Patient Safety Institute and Institute for Safe Medication Practices Canada