Thank you for your interest in the
Safer Healthcare Now! Canadian Falls Quality Audit.
The purpose of the Audit was to encourage acute care, long term care and home care organizations to:
- Qualify how they are performing the falls prevention and falls management processes
- Use the Canadian Falls Prevention data collection/audit tool to inform process improvements,
- Use the Patient Safety Metrics System to view and analyze collated results.
Canadian Falls Prevention Audit Tool is simple tool used to complete a chart audit. It that takes approximately 5-10 minutes per patient to complete and consists of several questions such as:
- Type of Fall Risk Assessment Performed on Admission
- Patient has Documented Falls Prevention / Injury Reduction Plan
- Completed Falls Risk Assessment Following a Significant Change in Medical Status
- How Many Times did Patient Fall in Reporting Period
- Was Patient Assessed for harm on Discovery of Fall?
- Harm from Fall
- Completed Fall Risk Assessment Following Fall?
Results of individual healthcare facilities was not shared publicly without explicit consent. All data submitted to the "Canadian Falls Prevention Audit" was presented in aggregate form only.
If you have any questions, please
Safer Healthcare Now! at