The Ontario Hospital Association (OHA) and the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care have teamed up with the Canadian Health Services Research Foundation (CHSRF) and the Canadian Patient Safety Institute (CPSI) to offer a unique and comprehensive education curriculum to support Ontario hospital boards in their ongoing efforts to improve governance for quality and patient safety. This program is geared toward hospital board chairs, CEOs and members of healthcare board quality committees.
The one and a half -day session builds on the Effective Governance for Quality and Patient Safety program, developed by CHSRF and CPSI, and has been tailored to address Ontario-focused issues and legislation.
During the sessions, participants will explore evidence-informed approaches to governance and leadership and share innovative health governance practices, resources and tools:
- Learn how to apply the principles of the Excellent Care for All Act (ECFAA)
- Understand a Board’s core functions related to quality and patient safety
- Identify approaches to measuring the quality of care
- Recognize how an organizational culture of quality and patient safety can be led, supported and sustained by the Board
- Develop tools, structures and processes that will assist participants in improving their organizations’ governance practices related to quality and patient safety
- Access the CPSI/CHRSF and OHA quality and patient safety toolkits
Education sessions have been scheduled throughout Ontario. To register for the following sessions, click on the applicable link:
This program is supported by the Government of Ontario and space is limited; there is no registration fee. For additional registration and program details email email@example.com, or call (416) 205-1362.