About the Session
The Canadian Patient Safety Institute, in collaboration with the Regional Paramedic Program of Eastern Ontario (RPPEO) are pleased to offer the Become a Patient Safety Trainer education conference, a high impact, comprehensive patient safety education program to paramedics, physicians, and allied health providers working in or with Emergency Medical Services.
This program has been approved for 8 elective Continuing Medical Education (CME) hours by the Regional Paramedic Program of Eastern Ontario.
Participation in this event may fulfill professional development requirements of the College of Nurses and the College of Pharmacists in various provinces.
Credits for Family Physicians:
This program meets the accreditation criteria of the College of Family Physicians of Canada and has been accredited by Queen's University for up to 13.25 MAINPRO-M1 credits
Credits for Specialists:
This event is an Accredited Group Learning Activity (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification Program of The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, and approved by Queen's University, You may claim a maximum of 13.25 hours.
Credits for Others:
This is an accredited learning activity which provided up to 13.25 hours of Continuing Education
Program participants will learn how to:
- teach others using the PSEP – Canada Core Curriculum.
- engage and inspire others while leading and implementing quality and safety improvement projects using the PSEP – Canada Core Curriculum.
- teach the best patient safety techniques. For example, identifying environmental factors that may contribute to patient harm, as well as understanding the components of safe delivery of medications: reconciling, ordering, transcribing, dispensing, delivering, and administering.
- influence others attitudes and behaviours toward an understanding that patient safety is essential in their daily work, including understanding of the multiple factors causing patient harm in the healthcare environment and how to implement organizational models of safety.
- contribute to a culture of patient safety of the whole workplace or organization using the different approaches to managing risks and influencing system change
- contribute to a significant internal capacity for patient safety education within their own organization by acquiring skills and abilities in teaching patient safety and customizing the PSEP – Canada curriculum to organizational priorities
Program Information Brochure
Click here to download a copy of the program information brochure, which includes the conference agenda, flyer and general session information.
Executive Session Webinar
Wednesday July 20th 2016 [12:00 – 1:00 pm EDT]
Registration is now closed; this event is full.
Please email the PSEP – Canada team at email@example.com or call 1-866-421-6933 ext. 8225 to be added to the waiting list.
Regional Paramedic Program of Eastern Ontario
2475 Don Reid Drive
Residence Inn by Marriott - Ottawa Airport
1172 Walkley Road
Ottawa, Ontario K1V 2P7
A limited block of rooms has been reserved at the Residence Inn by Marriott for conference participants at the negotiated rate of $169/night. The Residence Inn is located at approximately 5 minutes driving distance away from the Regional Paramedic Program of Eastern Ontario.
- one bedroom including 2 queen beds and a pull out couch (sleeps 6) and includes:
- complimentary hot buffet breakfast
- free parking
- salt water pool & salt water hot tub
- fitness room
- each room is equipped with kitchen including full size fridge, 2 burner cooktop, dishwasher & microwave
To make reservations within this block of rooms call 613-523-9600 and guarantee with your credit card. Refer to Canadian Patient - or reserve online at
www.residenceinnottawaairport.com and include the following promotional/group codes: CPSCPSA.
Only a limited amount of rooms are available in this block and any remaining rooms will be released on May 20th, 2016 so please reserve your room as soon as possible.
Cancelations must be submitted at least two (2) weeks prior to the start of the conference in writing via email to
firstname.lastname@example.org, or 25% of your base fee(s) will be retained a s compensation. No refunds will be given for cancellations received less than five business days prior to the event. Substitutions are welcome.
The Canadian Patient Safety Institute reserves the right to cancel or reschedule a conference subject to registrations. In the case of event cancellation registrants will be notified by email and be offered a full refund.
If you require further information or have questions for us, please contact the PSEP – Canada team at
email@example.com or at