About the Session
The Ontario Hospital Association (OHA) with support of the Canadian Patient Safety Institute (CPSI) is excited to announce that the "Become a Patient Safety Trainer" course, a high impact, 2-day comprehensive train-the-trainer patient safety education program will be offered in Toronto, Ontario.
Participation in this event may fulfill requirements for continuing professional development credits for various healthcare professions.
MAINTENANCE OF CERTIFICATION
Attendance at this program entitles certified Canadian College of Health Leaders members (CHE / Fellow) to 6.75 Category II credits towards their maintenance of certification requirement.
Program participants will learn how to:
- Teach others using the PSEP – Canada Core Curriculum.
- Engage and inspire others while leading and implementing quality and safety improvement projects using the PSEP – Canada Core Curriculum.
- Teach the best patient safety techniques. For example, identifying environmental factors that may contribute to patient harm, as well as understanding the components of safe delivery of medications: reconciling, ordering, transcribing, dispensing, delivering, and administering.
- Influence others' attitudes and behaviours toward an understanding that patient safety is essential in their daily work, including understanding of the multiple factors causing patient harm in the healthcare environment and how to implement organizational models of safety.
- Contribute to a culture of patient safety of the whole workplace or organization using the different approaches to managing risks and influencing system change.
- Contribute to a significant internal capacity for patient safety education within their own organization by acquiring skills and abilities in teaching patient safety and customizing the PSEP – Canada curriculum to organizational priorities.
Executive Session Webinar
June 14, 2017 [12:00 – 1:00 pm ET]
Conference Information Brochure
Click here to download a copy of the program information brochure, which includes the course agenda and general session information. (Available in English only)
The registration fee for participants is $1250 per person plus HST.
Note: We request that participants register their executive sponsor at the same time as they register for the course. (no additional fee for Executive Sponsor Webinar)
Registration Deadline: May 2nd, 2017
Once registered, information will be disseminated via email to registered participants beginning 4 weeks before the start of the course. Participants will receive pre-reading materials, be asked to complete a needs assessment survey and are also required to complete a pre-test before attending the course.
Cancellations must be received in writing to the contact indicated below. Cancellation fees are indicated below. You may also transfer registrations to another person at no cost. The CPSI and the OHA reserves the right to cancel or reschedule an event.
Timeframe Cancellation Fee
|10+ Business Days||Half Refund|
|-10 Business Days ||No Refund|
For cancelations or additional event registration information, please contact Christina DiClemente at 416 205 1534 / 1 800 598 8002 ext 1534 or
OHA Education Centre
200 Front Street West,
For more information
Ontario Hospital Association's website. For additional event information and questions, please contact Christina DiClemente at 416 205 1534 / 1 800 598 8002 ext. 1534 or