About the Session
The Canadian Patient Safety Institute (CPSI) in collaboration with London Health Sciences Centre (LHSC) are pleased to announce that the
Become a Patient Safety Trainer course, a high impact, 2-day comprehensive train-the-trainer patient safety education program will be offered in London, Ontario.
Program participants will learn how to:
- Teach others using the PSEP – Canada Core Curriculum.
- Engage and inspire others while leading and implementing quality and safety improvement projects using the PSEP – Canada Core Curriculum.
- Teach the best patient safety techniques. For example, identifying environmental factors that may contribute to patient harm, as well as understanding the components of safe delivery of medications: reconciling, ordering, transcribing, dispensing, delivering, and administering.
- Influence others' attitudes and behaviours toward an understanding that patient safety is essential in their daily work, including understanding of the multiple factors causing patient harm in the healthcare environment and how to implement organizational models of safety.
- Contribute to a culture of patient safety of the whole workplace or organization using the different approaches to managing risks and influencing system change.
- Contribute to a significant internal capacity for patient safety education within their own organization by acquiring skills and abilities in teaching patient safety and customizing the PSEP – Canada curriculum to organizational priorities.
Executive Session Webinar
January 17, 2018 [12:00 – 1:00 pm ET]
Conference Information Brochure
Click here to download a copy of the program information brochure, which includes the course agenda and general session information.
**Early Bird Rate *** $1,150, plus HST, available until October 20, 2017.
The registration fee for participants is $1250 per person, plus HST.
Note: We request that participants register their executive sponsor at the same time as they register for the course. (no additional fee for Executive Sponsor Webinar)
Registration Deadline: November 16, 2017
Once registered, information will be disseminated via email to registered participants beginning 4 weeks before the start of the course. Participants will receive pre-reading materials, be asked to complete a needs assessment survey and are also required to complete a pre-test before attending the course.
London Health Sciences Centre
Victoria Hospital, Room C3401A
800 Commissioners Road East
Travel and Accommodation
We're happy to offer hotel corporate rates at the following two locations:
Best Western Plus Lamplighter Inn & Conference Centre
591 Wellington Rd, London, ON N6C 4R3
Four Points by Sheraton London
1150 Wellington Rd, London, ON N6E 1M3
Cancellations must be received in writing to the contact indicated below. Cancellation fees are indicated below. You may also transfer registrations to another person at no cost. CPSI reserves the right to cancel or reschedule an event.
Timeframe Cancellation Fee
|10+ Business Days||Half Refund|
|-10 Business Days ||No Refund|
For cancelations or additional event registration information, please contact the PSEP – Canada team at
firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 1 866 421 6933 ext 8223.
For more information
For additional event information and questions, please contact the PSEP – Canada team at email@example.com or by telephone at 1 866 421 6933 ext 8223.