Friday, April 20, 2018 at 1:00 pm ET/ 11:00 am MT (click here for other time zones)
A webinar designed and facilitated by patient partners
Patients and families are a vital part of the healthcare team where they can partner to achieve the best possible care outcomes which include a safe care experience. At this session we will explore why patients/ families/ the public need to be partners in care, what they need to know in order to effectively partner, and how to empower engagement.
Leave the webinar with at least one practical idea for engaging patients, families or the public in making care safer. The focus of this interactive session is to:
- Define the role of an empowered patient
- Access practical tools to support engagement
- Identify strategies for facilitating partnership between patients/families and providers
(Available in English only)
Speakers, moderator and participants:
- Crystal Masse, Patients for Patient Safety Canada
- Dr. Amy Nakajima, Wabano Centre for Aboriginal Health and Bruyère Continuing Care
- Theresa Malloy-Miller, Patients for Patient Safety Canada
Designed by patient/family partners this interactive webinar is offered by
Patients for Patient Safety Canada. The session is designed to allow for conversation among participants, so be prepared to contribute to the dialogue verbally or via chat. The webinar recording and slides (in English) will be publicly available after the session here.
For more information contact